Tuesday, November 11, 2008

LA Times TW Countdown: Day 9


Today the LA Times brings us an interview with Peter Facinelli, Dr. Carlisle Cullen himself. Here's an excerpt:

Talk about how you got cast in the movie.
My agent called me up and asked if I wanted to do a vampire movie. I was thinking blood and guts, something in the horror genre, so I said no. Then they said that Catherine Hardwicke was directing and that it was based on a really good novel. So I read the book and I loved it. I loved the love story set in this world of vampires, but more than that, I liked that it's about vampires exploring humanity rather than just being a vampire.

So I went and auditioned for Catherine and thought I did great -- but I didn't get it. They wanted an older actor. Carlisle is young in the book, but visually I was told they wanted his character to look a lot older than the kids. But that fell through and they came back to me.

Go here to read the full interview.

No comments: