Sunday, December 14, 2008

Stephenie Speaks Out About New Moon Director

Stephenie Meyer has posted a letter on her site in regards to her thoughts about Chris Weitz taking the reins on New Moon here is some of what she had to say

"They've asked Chris Weitz, director of American Pie, About a Boy, and The Golden Compass, to join us, and I am very pleased to announce that he's agreed to be a part of our Twilight world. I've had the chance to talk to Chris, and I can tell you that he is excited by the story and eager to keep the movie as close to the book as possible. He is also very aware of you, the fans, and wants to keep you all extremely happy. (Torches and pitchforks are not going to be necessary.)"

There is also a letter from Chris Weitz posted on her site stating:

"When I saw the film of Twilight, I was alternatley entranced and left hungry for more. I was also struck by the extraordinary passion for the characters, story and theme that was evident in the people sitting in the seats around me. My job is to live up to that divotion."

Hopefully we can all find a little relief knowing that About A Boy is Stephenie's favorite movie and Chris directed it. If Stephenie is excited it can't all be bad right?

For the whole letter visit here.

~C

1 comment:

Cullen Boys Anonymous said...

Hey C this was already posted a couple of posts ago. I changed the post settings so more posts will show up before they're archived so we can tell eaiser if something was just posted.