Saturday, February 7, 2009

Joss Whedon: Twilight Is Like Crack


I know we have a many Joss Whedon fans here at CBA. I'm happy to report that Joss Whedon understands the Twilight addiction:

TVWeek: Vampires are big in pop culture right now. Have you seen "Twilight"?

Mr. Whedon: I saw "Twilight." And it's-what can you say? It's absolutely like crack. It strikes a tweener chord that's just as loud as the apocalypse. You cannot deny the power of it. It just works. And I sort of like that.

TVWeek: What about HBO's "True Blood"?

Mr. Whedon: I've seen less of it. "Twilight" makes its own rules, as we all do. It takes what it wants and discards the rest but ultimately, it is kind of classical. They're puffy-shirt vampires in a sense.

Read the complete TV Week interview here.

~Kim C

1 comment:

emmettsgal86 said...

THANK YOU for posting this!!! Joss Whedon has been one of my biggest heroes since I was 11 years old, and to read about him accepting Twilight was a dream come true!