Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ashley Greene Hosts "DonateMyDress" Event


Ashley Greene returned from Vancouver to host a "DonateMyDress" event at Saks Fifth Avenue in NYC. If you do not know about this charity, Donate My Dress is an organization that encourages young girls to donate their previously worn prom and special occasion dresses so that other young women can have a chance to enjoy a night that they may otherwise not be able to afford.

Talking about why she got involved with the good cause, Miss Greene described herself as coming from a poor family in Florida, telling, “I started working when I was, like, 13 or 14. My friends were, like, ‘Why are you always working?’”

I personally love that Ashley has hosted this event as I participated in this charity at one time in my own town and I hold it dear to my heart. Every girl deserves to feel special at prom.

Full aritcle here.

Source

Also, if you are interested in this charity, you can go to their website at DonateMyDress

-Jess H

No comments: