Monday, March 30, 2009

British actor Jamie Campbell-Bower Cast As Volturi's Caius


Jamie in Sweeney Todd (I couldn't resist the pic with Johnny Depp in it.)


Brittish actor, Jamie Campbell-Bower, tells BBC News that he has been cast as the Volturi leader Caius.

"British actor Jamie Campbell-Bower has revealed he will play Volturi leader Caius in The Twilight Saga: New Moon.

The 20-year-old, who has appeared in RockNRolla and Sweeney Todd, told the BBC news website that taking part in the vampire series was "very exciting".

"You're the first people I've told" he said. "Shooting has already started, and I'm going over in June."


He he had not previously read the books & wasn't aware of the character but he knew that the Twilight movie was a big success. He also says this about the cast:

"I do know who else will be in it - but I can't tell you, unfortunately.

"But go online and have a look at the rumours," he said, then added: "They're all false. You're putting me in a terrible situation."


Read more HERE. There is no official conformation by Summit yet.

Thanks to my pal TwiCrack for the link.

~Kim C

9 comments:

Hazel Designs said...

He looks 12! I pictured the Volturi to be a lot older - many of us agree we thought they were at least like Carlisle's age. He's all wrong!

Anonymous said...

He is way too young to play Caius! What are they thinking!!

pretzie4 said...

At first seeing him, I can't get the image of Anthony from Sweeney Todd out of my head. It's impossible. I just hear him singing "Johanna" and I am not fond of this.

However, I saw that the article says he was in RockNRolla, which I saw, and I have no idea who he played. That leaves me thinking that he must be a pretty versatile actor that I didn't notice his voice/face. So, I'm putting faith in the casting and am letting it slide. :)

Anonymous said...

He's too young!!!
I don't know to Caïus but to Aro I'll see Viggo Mortensen

Instantcast said...

Hey guys, did you know you could easily register to audition to be in New Moon? If you’re interested in auditioning, or just reading more about Jamie and the rest of the New Moon cast, go to

http://blog.instantcast.com/2009/03/31/jamie-campbell-bower-cast-in-twilight-sequel-new-moon/


YOU can be in the Twilight Sequel!

WhyIstheRumAlwaysGone said...

You knwo what? Let's have fun and cast Johnny Depp in Twilight! He already looks like a vampire in Sweeney Todd... let's have him as Aro!

Cullen Boys Anonymous said...

@ WhyIstheRumAlwaysGone: I second your motion!

jcbjcdfan said...

i love jamie campbell bower i loved his scene in rocknrolla i loved sweeney todd i own them both i also love your idea WhyIstheRumAlwaysGone and that is my catch phrase lol but i cant wait and i cant wait for june when he films and thats johnnys birthday and my bffs birthday

Samantha said...

I definitely was NOT going to go see New Moon but when I heard that Jaime was going to be playing Caius, I freaked out. Now I'm only going to see him!