Sunday, March 29, 2009

""The Cosmic Story Of Adaline And Robert Pattinson"


Adaline, the indie singer & musician, who we mentioned in an earlier post had reported meeting Robert Pattinson at a JunoFest event, has now blogged about it on her MySpace:

Last night I was at a Juno Afterparty at Richards on Richards (a fantastic live music venue in Vancouver). I'm hanging out upstairs and I look over...it's Robert Pattinson. I couldn't believe it! I spent the next few minutes trying to figure out how to say hi and what I could say that wouldn't sound crazy.
I walked over and he was saying to another girl, "I can't do that. I can't do that", so I pulled up beside him and said, "What can't you do Robert" and he said, "I can't take pictures tonight". So I leaned over and said, "I don't need a picture of you. You're just a normal person trying to have a good time. I'm just happy to have this moment with you. Sometimes people want a piece of you, more specifically, a piece of Edward. I'm happy to be meeting you. At the end of the day, you're just like me."
At that point, he pulled me into an warm embrace and said in my ear, "You are the first person to say that to me all day, thank you. Honestly, thank you". I said, "You're welcome. We're the same".
I told him about how I was a performer, so you never know, maybe he'll be at a show someday!
In the end it was lovely to meet the man who so well depicted the character so many people love. I can tell you two things:
1) Even though Robert is not Edward, he has the same intense stare in real life. It took me off guard.
2) He smells lovely. The stinky thing is a bunch of tabloid garbage.

Take this for what it's worth whether you believe it or not. I for one am speechless. "A warm embrace" OME! Thanks for sharing Adaline.

Thanks to GallifreyReject for the link.

~Kim C

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds very made up to me.

Anonymous said...

*COUGH* BULLSHIT *COUGH*

GallifreyReject said...

anonymous, she says she didn't make it up. was excited because she met him. i saw it on her twitter. and other confirmed he was there..

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I don't believe it.
I'm not saying that she didn't meet him..she may have.
But, as a fan of Rob, I can't believe he would say do that or say that!
Rob is extremely shy, and would never just hug a stranger nor would he whisper THAT in her ear.
That isn't him.

GallifreyReject said...

anonymous.. well we shall see..

Liz said...

I have no problem with believeing she was there, or that she even met him. That's perfectly fine and believable. The part I find odd is the dialogue exchanged between them. It just sounds really...odd. It sounds more like bad fanfic than it does a real conversation.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i don't believe it either. i can believe she saw him there, but to just go up to him (no security?) and say that monologue as if she's reciting a bad script is odd. and for a celeb or non-celeb for that matter to just hug anyone to come up to him is even more odd... i think it's good publicity for herself and she got what she wanted- read she had a ton of hits on her myspace page. even I WENT to her myspace page and i have never heard of her! so she is genius regardless of meeting rob or not.

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny how she said she didn't want a piece of him (or Edward) like everyone else does, but then she apparently makes a comment about how maybe this will help her get on the soundtrack for New Moon.

Contradictory much?

Anonymous said...

As a singer songwriter, it's not surprising why she'd want to be on the next soundtrack. It's money and exposure. Two things any artist needs. As her live show bassist and good friend, I know her better than anyone. She is definitely not the type to make things up for selfish gain. She's one of the most down to earth, real people I know who is able to read someone's mood and feelings very well. I'm not surprised in the way she handled things with Rob at all given how he was obviously tired of people asking for photos every 5 minutes. Also, it wasn't her that sent her blog to these fan sites. They found it.