Monday, March 16, 2009

Twilight gear at WalMart


By: Crystal Johnson
Cullen Boys Anonymous

Tonight I made a journey down to Wally World to see what Twilight goodies I could find. To say the least I was really surprised. I spent a good twenty minutes just going through everything. The selection was great. They had Twilight Tees, messenger bags and last but not least the Twilight Game. Everything was really nice quality and very reasonably priced.

The shirts were just as nice at the ones at Hot Topic, minus that they do not have sayings on the back, and were all priced at $10, which is great for those fans that just could not bring our selves to pay $22 for a tee shirt before. The designs on the shirts were fun, ranging from Bella and Edward, Team Jacob to Team Edward and the Cullen Crest. In fact I fought over the fact that I had two shirts in my hand and I still wanted to buy one of the messenger bags ($10-$15). So much Twilight stuff yet so little time.

I did happen to buy the Twilight game for $14.95. It is ok. The box says that it is for two to eight players but there is no way that two people could play the game and follow the directions. There must be at least three people playing and they all need to know each other fairly well in order to answer some of the challenge questions. The trivia ranged from hard to stupidly easy to this question makes no scenes and has a completely wrong answer. The game is great if you have a group of friends and just want to laugh, but it is not made for die hard Twilight fans.

So bottom line, I am excited to see that Wal-Mart is bringing Twilight gear to those of us that are on a budget. I think that everyone will be pleasantly surprised by the merchandise. Needless to say that Hot Topic should watch out, Wal-Mart is going to give you a run for your money.

**I searched and searched for pictures of the Twilight shirts and messenger bags but could not find them. When I get some pictures I will post them. For now I guess you will have to make a trip to your locally Wally World. I found the Twilight gear in the accessory department. There is a whole section there with banners dedicated to the movie.

If you would like to win a Walmart party pack with the Twilight DVD check out the contest our affiliate, Letters to Twilight is having.

Thanks to Jj for the pics.


2 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks so much for this great article! I just posted it on my blog. I believe that New Moon Movie has pictures of the messenger bags.

Julia said...

Hey! Thanks so much for posting that blog. I'm going to walmart tomorrow, and buying a birthday gift for my friend and she's a twilight fan and so am I. I'll probably just get her something twilight there. And me too! Hot topic twilight shirts are so expensive! Thanks to this post I know there are some in walmart, and something I can afford. One hot topic shirt can buy me two at walmart. Thanks!!!!