Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Oh My Jackson. Oh My Adam. Oh My....Amanda?

**Spoiler Alert: If you haven't gotten to watch the episode yet and do not want to know what happens, then stop reading now!**

Jackson Rathbone guest starred on "Criminal Minds" this evening and I am sure that I am not only speaking for myself when I say that he was fantastic!

If you haven't seen the show, but are still reading this now, here is the lowdown on the episode:

Jackson plays the part of "Adam" who works as a janitor at a hotel. The hotel has become a recent crime scene after Adam discovers a body in the closet of one of the rooms. This just so happens to be the second death at the same hotel in three days. Each of the victims are strong, college age men who are visiting on Spring Break. They have both been tied down to the beds, been sexually assaulted and then suffocated.

The detectives begins to analyze that this must be a team, a man and woman. The woman baits the guy, the man finishes the job.

Long episode short, there is no team of a male and female. There is a one person team of male and female: Adam. Well, Amanda. Adam and Amanda. Jackson's character has multiple personalities as a result of being beaten as a child. He's the killer, but not the killer. Make sense? Sure it does.

Jackson did an amazing job with this role. He really pulls off the meek persona that Adam has and when he was being questioned I just wanted to hug him! Oh, and does anyone else think that we may have gotten a glimpse of the face Jackson may use as Jasper during the birthday party in New Moon when Adam insisted that he needed to see Julie? Pretty intense.

Jackson pulled off the "switching" of personalities extremely well. He made it believable that when Amanda is present, then Adam is nowhere to be found.

Seeing Jackson in this role just proves that we have something look forward to when New Moon is released and that Jasper deserved to be more prominent in Twilight. Bring on the paper cut!

Thanks to Jackson-Rathbone.com for the pic

-JessH
("See White Knight go postal")

12 comments:

Ambrosia Jefferson said...

He was brillant! Postively brilant!

Cullen Boys Anonymous said...

What a great review Jess!

Tara said...

He was FANTASTIC!!! I really hope he wins some sort of guest star award. I was actually blown away by the episode1

Bethy99 said...

I love him in this role. He did a fantastic job. He looked great and we got to hear that southern accent. Hehehe. Loved it....GOOD JOB JACKSON!!!

Anonymous said...

Can I watch the episode somewhere on the internet? I live in Holland so I can't watch it until a couple of years, it takes ages for new episodes to show here. I really liked the review ;)

Anonymous said...

Maggie919 - Jackson was amazing in his duel role on Criminal Minds. I can't wait to see more of him now in the Twilight Sagas and I definitely hope it is more.

Cullen Boys Anonymous said...

Watch the full episode here:

http://www.freeonlineepisodes.net/criminal-minds-season-4-episode-20-conflicted/

Anonymous said...

He is a very good actor Hott!!

ninirific said...

I think he did great! It was strange to see him as a girl but he looked good!

Great acting from our dear boy.

Oh, and does anyone else think Jackson and Matthew who plays Dr. Reid totally look alike?

EDWARDismyHERION!!! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EDWARDismyHERION!!! said...

All i can say is when i saw the female sitting there is i went OME please tell me that is not Jackson in Drag. And dam if i wasnt right!! Snap im good. But dam that was a good episode. But dont worry i have it saved and ill be buying the season on dvd when it comes out just like i always do every year!! Great Job Jackson!!! You rocked the House!!!!!!!!!!

Liggy said...

He was absolutely awesome in Criminal Minds! I can't believe it was the same guy that played Jasper, mainly because it seemed that in Twilight, his facial expressions were so strained most of the time. In Twilight, I wasn't sure if he was being funny or being serious - I kinda had to take the cues from what Alice said. I'm hoping that his part in New Moon will WOW us as much as his part in Criminal Minds did.

BTW, yeah, I also thought Jackson and Matthew looked very similar...