Monday, May 11, 2009

Bronzehairedgirl620's Eulogy for Stephanie (Daddy's Little Cannibal)

September 11th, 1990-May 8th, 2009


"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever. The goal is to create something that will."- Chuck Palahniuk, one of Stephanie's favorite authors.

"When other little girls wanted to be ballerinas, I wanted to be Jeffry Dahmer."-Stephanie (Daddy's Little Cannibal)


Persevere: To persist in anything undertaken; maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles or discouragement. To continue steadfastly.


Daddy's Little Cannibal was undoubtedly the best author on FF, and will continue to be remembered for many years to come. I told her this numerous times, and although she didn't believe me, the overwhelming amount of support we've received over the past few days definitely shows that.

I've been asked by both Stephanie's sister and a few readers to write a eulogy from a slightly different perspective. Daddy's Little Cannibal was killed in a drunk driving accident on May 8th, and will forever be remembered by everyone who was fortunate enough to know her.

I wish you all could've known her like I did. She was an amazing person, so full of life and imagination. Her creativity was unbelievable, her story ideas original and flawlessly written, and her personality was even better. She was funny, kind, understanding, and didn't let anything faze her. Whenever she'd receive a flame, she'd talk about it but move on, not wanting it to dampen her spirits. Whenever I'd send her a page long rant at 3am, she'd listen and say more than ' I'm sorry.' Whenever my writing was horrible and off, she'd wait for me to figure it out and help me instead of getting irritated. She was the best collaboration partner I could've asked for, and I'm honored that I was the person she chose to write stories with.

If there are two things Stephanie wanted to pass onto everyone, it's to write for yourself and to persevere. She told everyone not to listen to what the readers want, but to write what the author thinks is fair, and if it's justified, the readers will understand. She taught FF to push forward no matter what, to persevere. It was that optimistic attitude that kept my love of writing growing, as it fueled many around the world. We wanted to get matching tattoos with the word, just to remember that at the end of the day, flames and bad reviews aren't worth it. Stephanie never let anything get her down, and truly lived her own advice.

If there's anything she wanted to tell the Fanfiction world, it's to continue despite all obstacles. To never back down and never give up, just as Stephanie never did.

Stephanie was a phenomenal person in addition to being an amazing writer. She'd make me laugh with jokes about seeing movies with Canadian being a language and her dog humping analogies, as well as our love of Mel Brooks films. We planned on going to Florida and learning how to wrestle, as well as me going down, staying with her, and getting hit on by gay guys at the Lizard Lounge.

And that if we were lesbians, we decided we'd be together. ;)

She claimed she dragged me into everything, but I'm so glad she did. If she hadn't, I wouldn't have known what an amazing person she was. She truly was one of my closest friends. If I had never harassed her to let me beta the original Cigarette Burns, I would've never gotten to know her as well as I have, and for that I am truly grateful.

She was a flabbergastingly awesome person, and yes, that's a word. Stephanie said so. She inspired many around the world to put themselves out on a limb and write, and I know she'll be missed by all who had the chance to read one of her stories.

She made Fanfiction and the Twilight community a better place. Her work will go on to be remembered, and she's made her mark. She's a legend. I know if she were here right now, she'd be looking at the number of people who have given her family and me support and wondering why people cared so much.

It's because we love you, Steph. :)

I hope you all remember her as an amazing author and even better person. And yes, Stephanie, I fully plan on writing that editorial on you being the unicorn queen. You just wait.


"And so the artist fell in love with the drug addict."

"What a stupid artist."

"What a sick, manipulative drug addict."

-Daddy's Little Cannibal, 'Cigarette Burns'