Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers' Relationships Grow Through Common Interest In Twilight

The New Mexico paper The Daily Times posted a artcle just in time for Mother's Day on how people of all types are developing a closer bond through the world of Twilight, but mainly focuses on the excellent Twilight Moms website.

"I fell into this world. I read the books, and I was out-of-my-mind obsessed with them," said Lisa Hansen, a 36-year-old mother of two children: Rebecca, 10, and Caleb, 6.

Hansen was a happily married woman who could not stop thinking about "Twilight" and Meyer's other novels in the series, "New Moon," "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn." Not sure what to do or who to talk to, Hansen posted a note on her MySpace page asking other fans to come forward.

"I was looking for 30-something moms and married people who were obsessed like I was," she said. It took a couple of days, and a MySpace group was created, bearing the name of Twilight Moms.

"I knew how lonely and out-of-place everyone felt," said Hansen, who lives outside of Salt Lake City. What she thought would be a group of 10 fans turned into a founding aspect of the "Twilight" fandom.

Twilightmoms.com has 29,000 members across the world. It is a Web site that often is visited by Meyer and the stars of the movie "Twilight" that was released in November 2008, to the pleasure of not just screaming high school girls.

This entire family is swept up in the world that is "Twilight," yet there are other stories similar to theirs, according to Hansen. She said "Twilight" continues to bring people together.

"It's brought me and my sisters closer together. It's brought mothers and sons closer together," she said.

"Twilight" also is multi-generational, appealing to people of all ages.

"The older generation and the teenage generation, we're able to relate on a different level," Hansen said. "It's more than this awesome vampire book that we're all obsessed with. It opened up lines of communication between all different people."

You can read the full article here.

I'd just like to wish all of the Twilight Moms out there a Happy Mother's Day from all of us here at CBA.

Source: New Moon Movie

~Angel

1 comment:

brightredink said...

TwilightMoms changed my life, bringing me together with the best group of friends I've ever had. We've moved on from TwilightMoms for the most part...we choose to be known as TwiMILFs instead. :)